Excursion With The Twins

I took the twins to Franke Park to feed the ducks and play on the playground. We get in the car and I’m asking them both a bunch of questions, to which Liv is the first to answer. Evan says, “gosh Livi (Wivi) I can’t answer anything.” I wanted to say “Evan get used to it cause that’s a woman for you.”

Then, we’re leaving the ducks and walking to the playground and I look down and Evan has his cell phone out and I asked him who was calling and he said, "no one.  I have a text message."


I'm sitting down on a picnic table and I look over and he’s walking around the playground talking on the phone. I said, “Evan who are you talking to?” He says, “none of your business.”

They were both saying they were hungry so I said we’d stop and get a snack and that we’d be eating dinner soon. I ask Evan what he wants and he says McDonlad’s. I said how about a slushy and a snack from the gas station. Evan was cool with that. I ask Liv and she says well how about a slushy and then we stop at Arby’s. They also didn’t want to go straight home so I asked what they wanted to do. My mistake.  Liv says well how about we just go to the roller dome. I said, uh no. We’re eating in like an hour. We don’t have that kind of time nor do I have that kind of money. She says, we’ll how about Science Central. So, we stop at the gas station and get a snack and we get back in the car and I said, OK anyone figure out what they wanted to do. Liv says, “I already suggested things that I wanted to do and you said no.” Touché, Liv.


If I ever had kids, it would be for this reason. I love the stuff they come up with.